Mechanical Design Engineer- SC Clearance- Outside of Scope of IR35
Due to rapid growth and increased business opportunity, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a leading organisation who design and manufacture equipment and machinery for the Nuclear and Defence industries.
The Mechanical Engineer will collaborate within a multi-discipline design team, assuming responsibility for designing and creating drawings for mechanical equipment under the guidance of the Senior Engineer or Principal Engineer.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop designs for mechanical plant and equipment.
- Conduct calculations to validate designs.
- Generate documentation for mechanical plant and equipment.
- Engage in Continuous Professional Development (CPD) to support professional registration.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and test engineers.
- Produce comprehensive information (drawings, works instructions, etc.) facilitating the manufacturing process
- BSc/ BEng (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering or other engineering degree accredited by the iMechE.
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering principles, covering Mechanics, Materials, Manufacturing Technologies, Engineering Analysis, Fabrication structures, and Complex mechanical equipment.
- Ability to produce technical reports and documents
- 3D CAD user (Inventor or Solidworks)
- Detailed knowledge of drawing principles and standards.
Due to the nature of the work, SC clearance is advantageous and ability to obtain is essential.
This role offers agile and hybrid working including a 4 day week.
Excited to learn more? We are too! Reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 01516668929.
Seize the opportunity to redefine your professional journey with us at Scantec!