As a preferred supplier for Teach in Herts; Step Teachers are currently looking for a Full Time Teaching Assistant in Key Stage 1 in Stevenage. This Full Time Teaching Assistant position start in February 2024 and the school are looking for an experienced Teaching Assistant to work across year 1 and 2. The school are currently looking for a Teaching Assistant who can continue full time until the end of the academic year.
This is a two-form entry Primary School who are looking for someone who can embody the schools values and have a positive impact on both the school and people within it. The school strives to create a learning environment which nurtures the drive to learn and succeed in everyone throughout their lives.
Role of a Teaching Assistant:
- Able to support the students in the class under the direction of the class teacher
- Upkeep a tidy, organised classroom with accessible resources where needed
- Work effectively with other members of staff in the classroom and throughout the school
- Ability to support students, on a whole class, small group and one to one basis, and encourage their progression
- Comply with the schools’ policies and implement effectively
Requirements of a Teaching Assistant:
- Recent experience working in a Primary School as a Teaching Assistant
- A relevant Level 2 or 3 qualification is desirable
- SEND experience is desirable
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing; exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that will support and nurture your career at Step Teachers.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. High street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional wellbeing services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and both you and the person you recommend receive £100 each in Amazon vouchers and a chance to win a holiday worth up to £1000 – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today!