Leading City Centre Hotel - Devon
JWR is currently working with one of the area's top city centre hotels, looking to recruit an experienced Maintenance Manager to join their team.
The Package / Benefits / Opportunities:
- From £35k+ Bonus
- Discounts across the group
- Opportunities to progress and develop
As Maintenance Manager you will work closely with, and support, the Operations team in ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the maintenance department, grounds, and leisure facilities with key focus on the safety and comfort of all hotel guests and team members.
Following extensive investment and refurbishment into this once iconic building, this city centre luxury boutique hotel boasts 100+ bedrooms and multiple bar and restaurant outlets offering some of the best views over the city's skyline.
As Maintenance Manager for this top property, you will be responsible for;
- Managing the day-to-day staffing requirements, planning, and assigning their work, and establishing performance and development goals for team members. You will provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
- To work from the PMS reactive maintenance schedule daily to prioritise and action remedial works as needed to ensure all hotel facilities are in good order so as not to lose revenue.
- To co-ordinate with Management and plan workload and priorities.
- To control and monitor outside contractor's repair work to ensure value for money, Health & Safety compliance, and quality of work.
- Be aware of the responsibility for the security of guests and hotel property.
- Purchase / Order departmental supplies in line with budget & Company standards.
- Control departmental costs through correct storage and distribution of supplies.
- To ensure the Company Health & Safety Policy and Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, Fire & COSHH legislation are adhered to and maintain scheduled inspection records and online compliance systems.
- To be the hotel Energy Conservation Officer.
- All other duties as required.
Qualifications & requirements
- Some vocational training plus experience in general building maintenance and/or construction or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Specialised expertise in plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and carpentry fields.
- Level 3 EPA Certification, HVAC and refrigeration certificate, licensed plumber and/or journeyman status for electrician and carpenter may be required.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Professional certification and license if required by law.
If you would be interested in discussing in more detail, send your CV today!