Customer Account Manager
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/08879
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Type: Permanent - office based, not remote.
Meyer Scott have been dealing with this Huntingdon based business for many years and can vouch for their professionalism and low staff turnover.
If you have worked in an office for only a couple of years but believe that once trained you could use your experience and work ethic to perform the role below, then we would like to hear from you. Full training is on offer for candidates, and this of course would be reflected with the salary.
Account manager support for allocated customer base and provide customers with accurate price quotations and excellent customer service.
You would be going out to see clients with a colleague just to cement those relationships and get more out of the role.
- Assist customers directly to support requirements via phone, fax, and e-mail.
- Provide customers with timely and accurate price quotations; research and contact suppliers, as appropriate; review and follow-up on customer quotes; and enter quotes won as customer orders.
- Quote materials and tooling, including items in stock or manufactured equipment; obtain quotations from other suppliers for non-standard materials when necessary; maintain quote records and follow-up with outstanding quotations.
- Process customer orders, including processing for shipment. Ensure customer requirements are fulfilled.
- Supply information to enable new customers to understand tooling and the usage of materials.
- Develop professional working relationships and rapport with customer contacts and sales representatives while effectively functioning as the Company's representative to firmly, professionally, and accurately communicate Company policies and guidelines including product information and availability, and customer solutions based upon type of company, pricing, lead times, terms and conditions, ship dates, etc.
- Proactively communicate with customers and suppliers; provide immediate assistance to telephone enquiries and timely responses to customer e-mails while working within the policies and guidelines established by the Company.
- Develop and maintain professional knowledge of Company products, services, marketing collateral, and catalogues.
- Identify new business and further opportunities with existing customers to support business growth.
- Identify inactive customers, analyse past orders, and initiate customer contact to generate return business.
- Understand and comply with the sales system, process, and maintenance of the contact database.
- Adhere to and comply with the Quality Manual and procedures.
It is the hope that after a year or so, once you are confident with clients you would be going out to see clients with a colleague just to cement those relationships and get more out of the role.
- Proficient PC skills
- Not essential, but desirable, two years of working within a Sales environment.
- Experience/administration in a manufacturing environment.
- Full clean driving licence required.
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm, 30 mins hour lunch