Senior Structural Engineer
Derby or Manchester
£44-54,000 (depending on experience) + car allowance
Full time, permanent
Key skills: Senior Structural Engineer, steel, IStructE, ICE, Eurocode 3, BS5950
We are working with an award winning specialist Subcontractor/Fabricator, part of a larger national Group who seek a Senior Structural Engineer for their growing design team. They are involved in design and delivery of a specialist building system, and as part of this business you will be working on some truly prestigious projects, and with strong sustainable credentials.
As Senior Structural Engineer, you will have a range of responsibilities, including:
- Project managing and leading structural design - involved from concept to detailed design (including connections and temporary works) both for tenders/bids and live contracts
- Attending design meetings in your role as lead technical representative
- Involved in R&D activities with colleagues within the business as well as other specialists
- Contributing to developing design procedures
- Contribute to business development providing and presenting specialist engineering advise to others.
- Reviewing designs from your own team as well as outsourced Engineers
- Actively contributing to the commercial management, working closely with Contracts and Commercial teams
You will ideally be a Chartered Engineer or close to achieving Chartered status with the IStructE or ICE, and you must also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Significant experience of steel frame design on commercial, industrial and retail projects, including design of portal frames, and from concept design through to detailed design (this will include member design, connection design and temporary works)
- Experience in the role as a senior structural engineer
- Good working knowledge of Design Codes (in particular BS5950 and EC-3)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, capable of presenting technical information clearly to both technical and non-technical colleagues verbally, in writing and sketching.
- Ability to manage engineering teams in the delivery of projects with enthusiasm and a proactive approach
- An ability to plan project resource and manage deadlines.
- Use of structural analytical software as well as structural design software (eg TEDDS, Tekla Building Designer, MasterSeries, Dlubal RFEM, IdeaStatica)
- Leadership skills/potential, with an active interest in developing and mentoring junior colleagues
As Senior Structural Engineer, you can expect:
- Salary (commensurate with experience) £44-54,000
- Car allowance
- 25 days' holiday + Bank Holiday with regular increase with length of service
- Hybrid working arrangement
- Subscription to private medical insurance
- Enhanced pension and maternity/paternity payments
- Discount on a range of retail and other purchases
- Employee Assistance Programme
Interested? Apply today or call Sue or Annie for further information. All calls treated with the strictest confidentiality.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and a disability confident employer. They actively encourage applicants who are covered under the equality act to apply.