Are you an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant with a passion for making a difference in students' lives? Do you have a knack for providing personalized support to learners with Social, Emotional, and Mental Health (SEMH) needs? If so, we want you to be a part of our partner school's dynamic educational community in Ipswich!
Position: SEN Teaching Assistant Location: Ipswich, Suffolk Start Date: February (Long-Term Role)
Role Description: As an SEN Teaching Assistant, you will work closely with students with SEMH needs, providing individualized support tailored to their specific requirements. You will collaborate with teachers and other support staff to implement personalized strategies, fostering a nurturing and conducive learning environment. Your role will involve:
- Providing direct support to students during class time and in specialized sessions.
- Developing and implementing personalized learning plans to address individual needs.
- Monitoring and recording student progress, and providing feedback to the SENCO and other relevant staff.
- Building positive relationships with students, promoting their social and emotional well-being.
- Collaborating with teachers and external professionals to ensure holistic support for students.
Requirements for SEN Teaching Assistant:
- Previous experience working in a 1:1 SEN support capacity, preferably within a school setting.
- Strong understanding and experience working with students with SEMH needs.
- Relevant qualifications or training in SEN support (desirable but not essential).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport with students and colleagues.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for supporting students with diverse learning needs.
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing, exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that takes pride in helping and nurturing our teachers, and a dedicated local consultant will always be on hand to support you through your journey with us.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and is proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer, and verification of eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. We offer high street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional well-being services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £200 of Amazon vouchers – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today