Step Teachers are working with an independent school in Mill Hill, that is seeking a Learning Support Assistant. In this position, you will support across a range of year groups when required. this role commences after the February half-term, full-time.
The school believe in fostering an inclusive learning environment where every individual can thrive. As a Learning Support Assistant, you will play a crucial role in empowering students to reach their full potential.
As a Learning Support Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Confidence to pitch learning at a range of levels depending on the child's ability
- Supporting children on a 1-1 and small group setting
- Be able to assess and report back to the Class Teacher regularly
- A good level of the Early Years curriculum
- Willingness to comply with the schools’ policies and implement, them effectively
To be considered for the Learning Support Assistant role, you will have:
- Proven experience working with children with SEND on a 1:1 or small group basis
- Excellent rapport-building skills and the ability to adapt
- Relevant teaching assistant/special needs qualifications desirable
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing; exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. Our resolute team will support and nurture your career at Step Teachers.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and is proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. High street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional wellbeing services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £200 of Amazon vouchers – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent, or supply work then get in touch with us today!