Accounts / Office Manager
Chelmsford Area, Essex
£30,000 plus package
Our client is a successful specialist construction subcontractor working within the Essex area. They are currently looking for an Accounts / Office Manager, preferably with experience or knowledge of the Construction Industry, to oversee the Companies financial systems.
ROLE:The efficient day to day running and operation of all aspects of the accounts department, including the purchase and sales ledger, credit control and bank reconciliation. Processing the weekly wages and monthly salaries, pension, CIS for subcontractors and submitting relevant reports to the HMRC Reconciling and processing the quarterly VAT returns Producing monthly accounts to trial balance and liaising with the Companies Accountants for end of year accounts Liaising with HMRC for all relevant matters Liaising with suppliers and customers to resolve any invoice queries Liaising with all departments, providing financial information as and when required for all aspects of the business Negotiating insurance, utilities and other services with relevant suppliers. Other admin/ad hoc duties as required.
- The ideal candidate must be proficient in Xero and Sage
- Prove to be extremely trustworthy and reliable
- Experienced in managing processes and people
- Advanced in Excel and skilled in data extraction from financial systems
- You must possess excellent communication and analytical skills with a systematic approach to tasks and high attention to detail.
- Minimum of 2 years bookkeeping experience is essential
- AAT or equivalent qualifications are an advantage
- Full time position, Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm based in the office
- Free parking on site
- Company pension
- Salary offered is dependant upon experience