Step Teachers are currently looking for a full-time SEN Teaching Assistant in the Romford area. The position as an SEN Teaching Assistant is a long-term supply role starting ASAP and continuing until the end of the year. This school is very proud of its students and is culturally diverse and inclusive. They provide an enriched curriculum that encourages children to be creative and independent. This role includes 1:1 support for a boy in year 2 who has challenging behavioural needs.
As a Long-Term Supply SEN Teaching Assistant, you will play a pivotal role in providing personalised support and adapting your teaching methods to meet the diverse needs of the students.
SEN Teaching Assistant Role:
- Work effectively with other members of staff in the classroom and throughout the school
- Assist the boy with his daily needs and support him with lessons
- Ability to support students in a small group environment and one-to-one basis, and encourage their progression
- Willingness to comply with the schools’ policies and implement them effectively as an SEN Teaching Assistant
Sen Teaching Assistant Requirements:
- Have proven excellent behaviour management skills
- Good communication skills and ability to work to set policy and procedure
- Able to work and cater to the individual needs of the student
- Have previous experience with SEN children as an SEN Teaching Assistant
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing; exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that will support and nurture your career at Step Teachers.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. High street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional wellbeing services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and both you and the person you recommend receive £100 each in Amazon vouchers and a chance to win a holiday worth up to £1000 – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today!