- Salary circa £50k
- Senior Project Engineer- Hydraulic
- Do you have experience in project management specialising in Hydraulics?
- Are you able to travel the globe working onshore and offshore within the oil & gas industry?
If you answered “yes” to the above and are looking for a fulfilling career, click apply now!!
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Hydraulic/Mechanical Engineering Senior Project Engineer to oversee project management activities and provide technical support for offshore crane and hydraulic equipment projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing tenders, offers, design, engineering, and project management activities, ensuring all projects are delivered to the highest standard while adhering to safety and environmental regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide project management support, overseeing tenders, offers, design, and engineering.
- Offer technical support for offshore crane operations, troubleshooting, repairs, refurbishments, upgrades, and maintenance.
- Provide engineering support for hydraulic (and mechanical) equipment, including spare parts sourcing, upgrades, refurbishment plans, and equipment hire activities.
- Conduct engineering design related to offshore crane and hydraulic interface projects.
- Prepare work packs and other necessary documentation.
- Undertake offshore and onshore surveys and project work scopes.
- Ensure familiarity with client’s and company's HSEQ policies and procedures.
- Identify safe and environmentally sound methods of work and systems, adhering to relevant legislation, codes of practice, and industry standards.
- Plan, organise, and document work processes to deliver required standards with minimum risk.
- Provide clear instruction to company personnel and subcontractors to implement safe methods of work and communication lines.
- Encourage the development of a safety and environmental culture, including near-miss and accident reporting.
- Act immediately on any breaches of company rules and report to line management when required.
- Identify inadequacies in the management system and report to line management.
Skills & Competencies:
- Degree qualified in hydraulic/mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Chartered/Incorporated Accreditation preferred or actively working towards.
- HND/HNC/NVQL3 with relevant experience considered.
- Knowledge and experience with proportional control open and closed-loop systems.
- CETOP Competence Based Hydraulics Qualification or equivalent.
- BOSIET & MIST certifications and advantage but not essential
- Excellent communication skills & organisational skills
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Methodical and dynamic approach to work.
- Good understanding of HSEQ requirements offshore.
- Proficient in IT skills, including MS Project, Excel, Word, etc.
- If you are a motivated individual looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity in the offshore engineering industry, we encourage you to apply for this position.
- Salary: Circa £50,000 per annum
- Pension: 4% after probation period
- Private Healthcare
- Biannual profit related bonus scheme
- Day rate paid on-site work at additional rate.